Last updated 12 September 2019
Annual Service Plan
- Following a single payment, a license will be granted to the Customer to use all software described on the plugin page.
- All software included in the Annual Service Plan is installed and activated using the Astute Manager.
- Before payment is made, it is essential that the Astute Manager can be installed and operated on the user's computer system(s). If you can not successfully install or login to the Astute Manager, please contact us and await support assistance prior to making any payment. It is not necessary to provide any details to download and install the Astute Manager software, but an Astute Graphics account is required to login to the Astute Manager which can be done without charge by starting a free trial.
- All prices are stated in $ USD excluding any local VAT (purchase tax) that may be applicable.
- Payments are made in $ USD. Due to Astute Graphics being registered in the UK, invoices will be issued in £ GBP with the $ USD value also stated.
- The license may be applied and used in accordance with our End User License Agreement (EULA). Note that a single license can only be activated and used by one user on up to two computers.
- For a period of 12 months commencing from the time of payment, the Customer will be eligible to receive all updates related to the products purchased and any new products that may be issued and described on the product page in accordance with the EULA.
- At the end of the 12-month period, a payment for the renewal of the Annual Service Plan will be automatically processed unless the Customer has opted out in the initial 12-month period. To cancel or enable automatic renewal of the Annual Service Plan, login to your account.
- If the Customer chooses not to renew their Annual Service Plan, the license to use the software previously installed and activated during the initial 12-month period will be maintained. The Customer will not be eligible for a license to access or use any product or service made available after the 12-month Annual Service Plan period has expired, including compatibility updates, unless payment is received to restart their Annual Service Plan.
- Customers will be notified by email of the automatic renewal payment in advance of the transaction. In order to receive this and other important service notifications, the Customer needs to ensure that their account details, including their email address, is regularly updated and that all email “spam traps” and other filters permit emails from astutegraphics.com and astute.email domains. Astute Graphics cannot guarantee that Customers will receive email notifications due to email services beyond our control.
- Astute Graphics will make every effort to ensure compatibility is maintained with the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator, Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows with minimal delay. However, no guarantee can be made at the time of purchase of the availability of future updates to work with developments by third parties including, but not limited to, Adobe, Apple and Microsoft. Status updates will be made available through one or more channels including astutegraphics.com, email and social media.
- The Annual Service Plan does not include access to the Astui service.
We strive to provide our clients with software of the highest quality along with the best support.
Before you commit to buy you have the opportunity to freely trial the software in full, which is available to download from our website. Comprehensive product and services information is provided to assist you in making the right decision. You can also contact us prior to purchase.
We understand, however, that exceptional circumstances may occur due to the nature of the products we supply, so please get acquainted with our Refund Policy before you order our software to avoid dissatisfaction after the purchase.
Since all of our products are intangible irrevocable goods (digital software), delivered instantly once payment is received, refunds will only be issued if all of the following conditions are met:
- You have first ensured that you were able to download, install and login to the Astute Manager prior to payment as set out in the Annual Service Plan terms, above.
- We are sure that our product is malfunctioning (i.e. does not function according to the features declared at a product's homepage or other official product documents) on a client's computer.
- We receive assistance in finding out the details of the problem on the side of a client.
- We fail to address the deficiency within a reasonable amount of time (typically within thirty (30) days).
- The refund will be issued to the client in full without any compensations or additional reimbursements.
Differences in the refund value
All refunds are based on the original $ USD price paid. Currency fluctuations that occur between the time of purchase and the time of refund, plus any conversion rate charges imposed by banks or card issuers may result in different resultant values being returned. Astute Graphics can not be held liable for any difference in value.
This is unlikely to affect $ USD currency accounts.
Special statement for UK and EU customers
Completing the Astute Graphics payment process confirms you are aware that purchasing this product means you will lose your 14 day right to cancel unless you meet the refund criteria set out above.
Product Return Procedure
Note: All refund requests must meet the eligibility criteria. Ineligible cases are detailed below.
Requests for refunds must be:
- Made within thirty (30) days of the purchase date and sent via email to our support team or using the contact form.
- State your invoice reference number along with the detailed and grounded reasons why the refund has been requested.
- Upon sending a refund request, please allow our support team up to three (3) business days to get back to you on the issue.
- You should expect an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (please check any email spam filters), be ready to provide our support team with additional information and to follow all the recommendations.
- If a refund is approved, it may take us up to three (3) business days to process it. You will get the money returned by the same method used for purchase. .
- All software activations must be de-activated, uninstalled and disabled following refund, by the client.
Cases ineligible for a refund
- Client has not first ensured that the Astute Manager and trial period for the software has functioned satisfactorily on the target system(s) prior to completing payment.
- Client refuses to follow the instructions provided by Astute Graphics’ support team or doesn’t provide the requested assistance.
- There is a fix or a workaround to the issue reported as a reason for a refund.
- Client didn’t make use of available discount code at time of purchase.
- The software was purchased by mistake or on assumption that it does something that it is not intended to do.
- There is a functional peculiarity which is mentioned in the training and support material relating to the software or on the product website.
- Client purchased the software for a different version of Adobe Illustrator and/or operating system than the one used by a client.
- Client didn’t read the license description and purchased a license type which doesn’t meet their needs.
- The bug reported was fixed in a newer version than a Client owns, but the Client refuses to update.
- Client is not currently subscribed to the Astute Graphics Annual Service Plan.
- A software purchased from us was lost, stolen, damaged or traded.
- The problem is caused by Client’s system or network settings or by any third-party applications or devices.
- Client purchased or downloaded another software which seems to meet their need better according to their own assumptions.
- Client purchased software through an official third party reseller. Please contact your reseller regarding a refund.
- A refund is requested due to the issue that could have been tested with the free trial/demo version, since the Software is being delivered to the Licensee “AS IS”.
This does not affect your statutory rights.