Join us, we have vacancies with more coming soon! Click the job(s) for more information.
Here at Astute Graphics we work to create innovative design software for Adobe Illustrator, used by thousands of graphics designers worldwide. We're the definition of a promising, fun and fast-growing company and since our start ten years ago, we’ve amassed a broad range of loyal customers from Adidas to Disney, Facebook to NASA!
- Company pension
- Free drinks/snacks
- Sociable team
- City centre office location
- Internal and external training along with continuous personal development
- Challenging and rewarding tasks
- Potential to grow with the Company
Want to deploy your web design skills, learn and thrive? This is the job for you.
Astute Graphics are seeking a full-time Web Designer to help drive the continuous growth of this established and profitable company. An exciting variety of projects include our existing customer-facing website, recently-announced future online services and major new products planned throughout 2018 and beyond.
We are award-winning developers of creative software tools used by designers world-wide over the last 12 years. Clients include many household brands such as Adidas, Disney and Apple as well as thousands of agencies and freelance creatives. The vast majority of purely digital product sales are handled automatically online via our astutegraphics.com site, with around 90% exported.
Perform a wide range of online design, maintenance and support activities for the Company and its employees. Pro-actively develop and improve the Company’s digital presence by applying continuously evolving technical skills and initiative.
Main job tasks and responsibilities
- Take ownership of the website visually, keeping the site up to date and consistent with the brand.
- Coordinate and work with our Marketing Manager and Web Development team to develop landing pages, static pages to market-specific services or features.
- Contribute ideas and design artwork to the overall brief.
- Co-ordinating with Marketing to create and comply with visual design direction and guidelines.
- Assisting with writing and editing content.
- Create design solutions that have a high visual impact for marketing campaigns, projects and adverts.
- Ability to understand the implementation and maintenance of responsive front-end frameworks.
- Templating & implementation of HTML, responsive email and newsletters.
- Designing and developing future sites meeting modern requirements (including responsive, SEO, speed optimised).
- Designing and developing social media tie-in's, competition forms (integrated with a third-party email service), email and promotional pages.
- Commissioning and managing outside professional services when required.
- Advising on how best to implement digital marketing strategy to the website.
- Construct and maintain email and web page templates.
- Gain an understanding of software development standards and best practices.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to use initiative and idea generation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This overview gives you an idea for what you'll being doing but is not an A to Z.
- Web design tools
- WordPress, including working within its plug-in architecture
- Bootstrap 4 (preferable)
- Test & measuring
- Best practices for design and development duties
- Office software tools and email
What we need to see in you
- Display initiative
- Good written and verbal English language skills
- Planning and organising
- Prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Willing to continuously learn new skills
We'll give the successful candidate
- A competitive salary, £25-30k dependant on experience
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Modern spacious office environment in the beautiful city of Hereford
- Training opportunities
- Report to: Marketing Manager
- Job Type: Full time
- Office Location: Hereford city centre
If you are interested in this position or offering your services, please send your CV or services outline by email with subject JOBREF: Web Designer to jobs [at] astutegraphics.com
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to jobs [at] astutegraphics.com using the email subject: JOB + [Job Title]