- If you are seeing a “License is inactive” warning for any of your plugins in Illustrator, please first check that your Astute Manager is running.
- If it is, please check that you did definitely quit Illustrator before running the installation - if you didn’t, please quit Illustrator and run the installation again.
- Next, please ensure that you have detected installed Illustrator versions - guidance on this here
- Please also note that it may take up to 5 minutes before the license appears in Illustrator
- If it still doesn’t appear, please restart your computer
If you have checked the above, followed our How to update your Astute Manager guide and you’re still having problems, it’s possible that there is a network connection block likely caused by security software, so we would ask you to please also try restarting your computer in Safe mode. This will help ensure that no external security systems are blocking access to the licensing server.
Starting your computer in safe mode:
- Windows - (In the case of Windows, if this fails, please open your Windows Task Manager. In the Astute Manager startup options, enable the Write option in application permissions which may be disabled by default (Security > All application packages > Write).
If the above advice hasn’t worked for you, please do the following:
- Use the Astute Manager to uninstall all plugins
- Uninstall the Astute manager
- Manually delete Astute Graphics plugins from inside the Illustrator plugins folder
- Start Illustrator up again (with no plugins)
- Quit Illustrator again
- Restart the computer
- Reinstall the Astute Manager
Finally, if you have tried all of the above and the issue still isn't resolved, then please contact us with as much of the following information as possible to enable us to more accurately understand the problem:
- Full description of operation taking place and resulting issue including any error messages
- Some screenshots or a screencast video showing the issue
- email address that you are logging into the Astute Manager with
- Your operating System (including point release)
- Your version of Illustrator (including point release)
- Hardware Description (RAM, GPU, etc.)
- The version number of your currently installed Astute Manager (if you know it)
- Details of any additional Hardware (such as a Wacom tablet)
- The most useful information is a log sent from your AM after reinstallation of the plugins - Please let us know if you do this so that we can warn the technical team to look out for it
This will then be marked for the attention of our technical advisors, one of whom will investigate and reply to you in due course.